Saturday 18 July 2009

Rishikesh


Approximately 950km north varanasi (by my calculations on the map in my guide book...) it is situated at the mouth of the great ganges river just as it is leaving the himalayan mountains, the town is surrounded by the foothills of the himalayas and running through it is the ganges, this time with an incredibly strong current. so far this is my favorite place in india i have been to. it is such a beautiful place, and also the 'yoga capital of the world' and a very spiritual destination for travelers. there is an atmosphere here unlike anywhere else i have been in india, and i love it. i only arrived yesterday afternoon, and this is easily my favorite spot on the map so far. great food here as well! oh and my hotel room, cheapest and best so far, i am paying 100Rs a night, a little more than £1, and i have a gorgeous large room with my own bathroom, shower etc, king size bed and a balcony with a wonderful view of the foothills. fantastic. and the city is damn clean as well! thankfully i am feeling much better now, i was so incredibly ill the past few days, we spent two nights in haridwar before Rishikesh, and i didnt leave my hotel room once, the moment i stood up i felt like i was either going to throw up or faint. so i really didnt see any of haridwar other then my hotel room, but thankfully it had a tv with HBO! i saw some of jacks images from hairdwar, and i am really upset, they are incredible, thousands upon thousands of pilgrims in the water and along the ghats...i think i might need to take a day trip up there tomorrow to go shooting. as i have not shot anything since varanasi because i have been so ill. however, right now i am sitting on my balcony looking over the foothills of the himalayas and the ganges river, listening to country music and working on my tan. life is pretty darn good. ill post up more soon. some photos of me in varanasi should be up on facebook aswell as should be the 'dead bodies' pictures on demtoix (just google 'quinn palmer demotix' to find them)

miss you all!

quinn from Rishikesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment